Canada, Ontario, Hamilton

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Canada, Ontario, Hamilton

Post by NicoMoreno »

Irish music sessions every Wednesday at 8:30pm (Sometimes earlier, sometimes later) at the Winking Judge on Augusta St in Hamilton.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... 13111&z=16

April 18 2009 - there will be a meeting of the of The Ontario Irish Pipers Club at "The Ceilidh House", 107 George Street, Hamilton, ON. L8P 1E3 (905) 528-5256
Time: from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Pipers Club meetings will be held from time to time in Hamilton (they rotate around the province) so feel free to PM me to find out more.
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Re: Canada, Ontario, Hamilton

Post by NicoMoreno »

Hamilton Irish Arts Presents Irish Music, Language and Dance workshops:

Saturday, February 13, 2010
12:00pm - 12:00am
Germania Dance Hall and Irish Canadian Club of Hamilton

Irish Language 12-2pm Irish Canadian Club $15
Tin Whistle 2-4pm Germania hall $20
Irish Fiddle 4-6pm Germania hall $20
Ceili Intro 8pm Germania Hall
Ceili 9pm $15 admission (Kids Free)

TIN WHISTLE
This workshop is the best place to learn the basics and get you started or if you have some experience you can learn from an expert the finer points of playing Irish music.

Instructor Nicolas Brown is one of the most exciting up and coming young musicians in the Ontario Irish music scene. He is a skilled uilleann piper, flute player, and whistle player and has also been known to sing the odd song. He has performed before at the Mill Race Folk Festival in Cambridge, and at such venues as the Kitchener Waterloo Chamber Music Society Listening Room, The Schneider House in Kitchener, and even as far away as Littleton, Colorado. Nicolas is an award winning musician and a skilled whistle player. Nicolas has been largely influenced by the whistle playing of Donncha O'Briain and also strives to bring the Clare sensibilities and the slides and polkas of Kerry to his playing. Nicolas co-founded the Tri-County Ceili Band in 2009.

Tin Whistle Workshop Beginners welcome: 2-4 pm Germania Hall 863 King East Hamilton. **tin whistle provided**
To Register: Email hamiltonirisharts@gmail.com

IRISH FIDDLE
The Fiddle workshop will offer an introduction to Irish fiddle playing. You will study a variety of Irish tunes and spend some time looking at how to learn by ear. All levels welcome.

Instructor Brandon Gidley is one of the foremost Irish fiddlers in Hamilton, Ontario. Listening to and learning about the various Irish fiddle styles has become a major part of Brandon's life, Brandon aims to evoke the great Clare fiddle players especially Junior Crehan, Paddy Canny and Bobby Casey. Brandon co-founded the Tri-County Ceili Band in 2009.

Instructor Alison Perkins is an Irish fiddler, tin whistle player and singer from Detroit, Michigan. She has been playing Irish music for more than half her life, having studied with Clare fiddle player Mick Gavin, and fellow American Marty Somberg. Alison has a love for both the Clare and Kerry styles of Irish music, and emulates aspects of those styles in her own playing. She has performed at a multitude of respected venues, such as the world renowned folk club The Ark, in Ann Arbor, Michigan, the Goderich Celtic Festival in Goderich, Ontario and the prestigious Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. In 2007, at the age of nineteen, Alison was invited to do a three week tour with super-star Irish singer Sean Keane. She is highly sought after as a performer and music teacher.

Irish Fiddle Workshop All levels welcome: 4-6 pm Germania Hall 863 King East, Hamilton
To Register: Email hamiltonirisharts@gmail.com (please feel free to ask us about fiddle rentals from local music stores if you do not own one).

IRISH LANGUAGE
This workshop will give you an introduction to the Irish language and will give you words of greetings, some conversational pieces and an idea as to the beauty of the language. It is hoped then that those attending will be able to attend future weekly classes.

Instructor: Patrick Roche.
Irish Language Workshop Beginners welcome: 12-2pm Irish Canadian Club 389 Concession St, Hamilton.
To Register: Email hamiltonirisharts@gmail.com

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2 ... 04&index=1

Hamilton Irish arts is proud to bring you our first Ceili of the new year with Colleen Mulvey-O'Leary and the Tri-County Ceili Band to make sure your seats never get warm.

Same great location as the last two Ceilis, The Germania Hall, a grand ol' ballroom that looks as if it was designed by an Irishman for a ceili. Plenty of parking and every cab driver knows where it is. The hall's bar is fully stocked and there is food available from the restaurant in the front of the hall. There'll also be plenty of soda breads and scones on hand to soak up all those drinks!

The price is still very reasonable at $15.00 and that gets you the hour long workshop/introduction to dancing at 8pm with the action getting kicked off at 9pm. Complete beginners welcome, and all everyone needs to worry about is having fun. Children under 14 free!

***Workshops in music and language are happening throughout the day, please check the link below for more detailed information.***

Delicious pies and other baked goods will be raffled off, as well plenty of lovely door prizes.

**Tickets are currently on sale: please contact any of the HIA admins. Tickets will be available at the door, but to be safe try to buy ahead. You can also purchase tickets at the Irish Club on any of the preceeding Friday night sessions from the HIA execs.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2 ... 688&ref=nf
NicoMoreno

Re: Canada, Ontario, Hamilton

Post by NicoMoreno »

The Wednesday session has ceased to happen.

More events may be happening in the near future, though.