USA, Missouri, Kansas City

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

USA, Missouri, Kansas City

Post by Jayhawk »

Hmmm....I thought I'd posted the KC sessions before, was planning to add more, but can't find anything via search. Regardless, here they are:

Eddie Delahunt's Cafe &... (That really is the name of the place - blame Eddie not me for the wonky name) - First Saturday each month, 2ish to 4ish, one block east of 45th and State Line Road. Good session in a small venue. It's a coffee house.

The Gaf - 2nd and 4th Saturdays each month from 3 to 6 at Gregory (71st St) and Wornall Road. Nice Irish pub. Good food as well. We're in the back room, so wade on through the soccer or rugby fans to find us.

Irish Cultural Museum - 3rd Sunday from 1-4 in Union Station (bottom floor). Session is in the lobby of the Museum (which is rather small).

Browne's Market and Deli Third Thursday Session - 3rd Thursday from 6 to 8ish. One block east of Southwest Trafficway on 33rd Street (33rd and Penn). Small session in an exceptionally cool environment. Browne's first opened in 1887, has been continuously operated by the same family, and has been in their current building since 1901. Check their website to make sure the Thursday session is going on that week: http://www.brownesmarket.com/Home.html

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the KC session or to let me know if you're coming in town. Except for the Browne's session, the others are always on. We have other sessions after concerts and sometimes just when we feel like it, and I can let you know if one of those is going to happen when you're in town.

Eric