Question about Brian Boru's Pub

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
celtic_lass
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Question about Brian Boru's Pub

Post by celtic_lass »

I know there are sessions at Brian Boru's on Sunday afternoons, but are they still going on? The session listing is a couple of years old. I tried looking for their website again, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore.
Now I'm underage (18 ), and I'm not entirely sure of the laws about underage people going into public houses. I thought I had heard that an underage person can go in if they are with someone who is old enough. Anyone know if this is true? I'd like to attend sometime. Thanks! :)
Sara
Jesus is the bridge beneath my strings, and the breath that blows my whistle.
brianc

Post by brianc »

A couple of weeks ago, I met up with a few of the folks who are the heart of this session. They tell me it's still going strong, every Sunday, starting about 3PM. As for the age, the Boru pub is also a restaurant, and I know I've seen some younger types there... the session is held upstairs from the bar. I think the bit about being accompanied by an adult is close, but that adult has to be a parent or guardian... otherwise, you'd always see some 21+ guys in there with their 19 YO date. That would get a liquor license suspended faster than you can say, "Out of business."

However - your best bet is to call in to the pub (207) 780-1506 and get the story straight from the horse's mouth.
meemtp

Post by meemtp »

It really depends on the day and the attentiveness of the staff. If you're participating in the session it's a little different than if you're a punter. There have been some youngsters there, but as long as they're in the session it's generally been acceptable. I believe that there's a loophole there somewhere. A number of years ago there was a fluteplayer who was going regularly for a year or so who was 18 or 19...she never had an issue. But, as Brian says...call the Pub. Ask for Dale.
Corin