Pouge Mahone - Irish Pub

Corner of 9th and Main.

1st and 3rd Friday's of the month.

5:30 PM.

:thumbsup:
brianc
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by brianc »

Come join us in the Grand opening of the SouthWest Corner's Finest Irish Pub. Drink Green Beer and dance an Irish Jig to the sounds of Irish music or rock N roll to Formula 151 on St Patty's Day .
(from an online ad for "Pogue MaHon's Irish Pub" )

:really:

Who names their business the "Kiss my arse Irish Pub" ?? :tomato:
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

It's a far cry from the best pub I've ever played or visited - but so far this town's a one trick pony so to speak. There's no competition, and that gives the owners what they feel is free reign. If you ask me, it's as dumb a name as they come, and the atmosphere isn't great...but it's MUCH better top play there than to try and session at the local rodeo bar. :wink:

So far as I know the locals here are looking for other possible venues - but it's tough in a small town. We can't ALL live the big city life (and frequent the big city pubs) you Denver folks enjoy now! :poke: :D
Brian Lee

Post by Brian Lee »

Sadly, the pub and it's larger upstairs bar/restaraunt have gone out of business now. Seems the owner was looking for a new partner, and the deal fell through. So no sessions in Durango at present...just the odd house gathering with two or three beginners. :( Hopefully something will rise from the ashes!
y-nought
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by y-nought »

Hey Brian.....you still around? I have just become obsessed with Irish Music and whistles and would love to hear/participate in a session.

There is a new Irish Pub called the Embassy on Main. Is there any chance of a session starting up there?

y-nought
Brian Lee

Re: USA, Colorado, Durango

Post by Brian Lee »

Sorry to be so late in reply here -

I actually moved back to SLC from Durango in June, and the Embassy wasn't up and running then. From what I hear now though, they are indeed open (despite the sudden and unexpected death of one of the principal partners like a week after they opened.)

I hear that sessions are on Sunday nights - though I don't know what time. Their phone is: 970-403-1200

I may make it back one of these days, but for now Salt Lake is taking good care of her prodigal son - with much great session music to be had here! :)