Cincinnati area?

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Dukkha

Cincinnati area?

Post by Dukkha »

I've been trying to locate some sessions to go to, to no avail. I tried Jack Quinn's on Wednesday, and its closed for rennovation. I also tried Sitwells cafe in Clifton, but no one was in there playing (this was Sunday at about 4pm). Where's the place to be??
ravensdream
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ravensdream »

You should come to Springfield. If you went to Clifton, Springfield is just down the road. Course you might be more advanced than we are but we still have a good time. We also have a dulcimer group that meet there on the first Weds. of each month. About 60 people show up with dulcimers (hammer & lap), guitars banjo's whistles, auto harps, bass, fiddles and anything else they feel like playing. The friendliest group of people I have ever met!
Raven
Dukkha

Post by Dukkha »

Springfield? Where is that exactly? I'm actually a beginner so that sounds pretty cool.
ravensdream
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ravensdream »

Springield is off I 70. If you are coming from Cincy you can take I75 N to I70 E Take the Rt 4 exit to Springfield. Take the St Rt 369 exit. Turn right at the stop sign and go to the next intersection turn left. (You can see the building sitting off in a field If you look right at the intersection you will see a BIG white house sitting in the park ) You will be turning on Lower Valley Pike go to the first Drive way on your right. I always tell everyone if You go past Lower Valley Furniture you've go too far. If you get lost here is the number of the Davidson Interpretive Center (937) 882-6000. Address is 5638 Lower Valley Pike.
Raven
Buckeye67

Post by Buckeye67 »

Thuoght I'd update this. There are currently only two sessions going here in the Cincinnati area (The session at Molly Malone's went bye-bye, however there are some folks trying to get another started over across the river in Northern KY):

Wednesdays from 7pm:

Hap's Irish Pub
3510 Erie Ave
Cincinnati, OH
(this is in the Hyde Park area)

and on the 2nd, 4th & 5th Sundays of the month from 3 - 8 pm:

The Brazenhead Irish Pub
Tylersville & Reading Road
Mason, OH 45040