USA, New York, Park Slope, Brooklyn

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
kburget
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

USA, New York, Park Slope, Brooklyn

Post by kburget »

I have a great (and selfish) interest in approaching some bar here to let us colonize it on a certain off-night. Perhaps the Gate on 3rd St and 5th ave, which I heard used to have one going. Wondering if any Brooklynites would be on board for this. Welcoming suggestions as to time and place.
amanderthad
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by amanderthad »

Arbo, also a member here, used to run a session at the Gate. I think it stopped because the talk of the punters would drown out the tunes more often times than not. Great bar for drinking and socializing, but not for tunes perhaps. It is my feeling that there are enough of us loonies running around Park Slope to have a real nice session, but alas it has never really materialized.

Do you live in the Slope? Do I know you? Are you a loonie...like myself?

Matt
kburget

Post by kburget »

Yes, a longtime Sloper. Ah, so maybe the Gate's out. But now that there're two of us, we're a force to be reckoned with...
ImNotIrish

Post by ImNotIrish »

I've been wanting to get something together ing the neighborhood for quite a while. Indeed, the Gate fell off, somewhat because of the crowd and noise, but also because of a miscommunication between myself and the owner. There are indeed several itrad musicians in the area who would love to have a localized session. The bar on the corner of 4th place and Court Streets were interested last year when my friend Matt C. inquired. We never followed up though because we didn't have enough regular players who would commit.
Sorry I don't have the name of the pub- that would be Carroll Gardens. Anyway, send me a message if you've any other ideas. I'll investigate further... Hi Matt D.

Arbo
kburget

Post by kburget »

Just got wind of the following:

“SEISIUN” IN BROOKLYN
Tony DeMarco, joined by Finn O’Loughlin, has a new seisiun in Brooklyn on Wednesday nights, from 8:30 to 11:30 pm and again on Sundays from 5 to 8 pm in the “back room” at a great new pub called“Ceol” at Smith Street and Baltic Street.