USA, Olympia, Wa.

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Gaaslaj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

USA, Olympia, Wa.

Post by Gaaslaj »

Meets every Wed. night at Tugboat Annie's at 8:00pm. Very friendly and welcoming group. Here is their website:

http://home.comcast.net/~burtdabard/seisiun.html
SilverStrand
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by SilverStrand »

I really like how there is a tune list available! However, I don't have the courage quite yet to partake in a session. It probably would take a few beers.... :wink:

Thanks for the link! :) As soon as I have enough confidence in my playing I may have to check it out.

~Kerry
"Block out the Sun and Pack up the Sky"
Gaaslaj
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Granite Falls??

Post by Gaaslaj »

Hi Kerry. Where is Granite Falls? I should know, have lived in the state my whole life! It is a very easy going session here, very welcoming. And there is a music book with CD available too. If you are interested I can give you the e-mail of someone you can get one from. Take care, John. What do you play? I play flute and whistle. J.
MacNeil

Post by MacNeil »

SilverStrand wrote:I really like how there is a tune list available! However, I don't have the courage quite yet to partake in a session. It probably would take a few beers.... :wink:

Thanks for the link! :) As soon as I have enough confidence in my playing I may have to check it out.

~Kerry
If you don't feel ready yet, you should know that they have a slow "practice session" the first Sunday of each month at 2:00 P.M. in the ballroom just above the Urban Onion at 116 Legion.

I attended my first session there this afternoon, and it's ideal for those who aren't yet ready for full-speed-ahead playing, but want experience at playing in an ensemble.
Glassdraggon

Post by Glassdraggon »

Is this session IN the bar? (Under 21)

Also- what would be the best way to go about finding a whistle teacher?

Thanks!
-Rod
You are only ever limited by your ability to dream.