USA, Florida, Orlando

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Ralph Eyman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

USA, Florida, Orlando

Post by Ralph Eyman »

Every other Wednesday - Claddagh Cottage Irish Pub 4308 Curry Ford Road, Orlando FL. Starts at 7:30 p.m. There is an occasional "bonus session" on alternate Wednesdays - depending on how itchy the host's fingers are getting.
The next regular session is February 9, 2005. So if you're reading this 3 years from now, you'll have to do the math your self.
MacLeod

Post by MacLeod »

I've been studying bongos and cowbell for years, will I fit into your session? :devil: :devil: :devil:
Ralph Eyman

Fitting in

Post by Ralph Eyman »

The bongos are ok as long as they properly amplified. You will have to visit the East European Polka Site for a ruling on the cowbells. :roll: :P
anton

cool

Post by anton »

Cool. Looks like i will be moving back to Orlando in the summer. I look foward to playing with you all again. You guys are a nice bunch of folks.

anton
malanstevenson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing the uilleann pipes, flute and whistle for about 18 years or so. I've been listening to Irish and Scottish traditional music for almost 40 years now.

Post by malanstevenson »

Hiya,

anyone know if the Claddagh Cottage session (or anywhere else in Orlando) is happening next week, Sun - Tues. evenings? I'll be in town for a visit, and would like to talk my hosts into coming along.

Cheers,
Mark
Ralph Eyman

Around Central Florida

Post by Ralph Eyman »

It should also be mentioned that there are a couple of other sessions in the Orlando / Central Florida area.

o In Winter Park (immediately North of Orlando) there is a session at Fiddler's Green which takes place on the 4th Sunday of each month and is organized by our friend and devoted whistler, Rick Norry.

o in Eustis there is a session at "A 3rd Place" in the classy historic downtown district. This session is graciously hosted by the talented and dedicated John and Cathy Benton - who have been carrying on the tradition for several years in various venues around the Eustis / Mt. Dora area. The Eustis session occurs the 2nd Sunday of the Month and is about an hour drive from both Orlando and Gainsville and is attended by talent from both.
Ralph Eyman

Eustis Session - Summer 2007

Post by Ralph Eyman »

The Eustis Session which normally takes place at "A Third Place" in downtown Eustis has moved to "Fiddler's Green" in Winter Park Florida for the Summer of 2007. Everything else is the same: same schedule, same hosts etc.
Ralph
Ralph Eyman

Orlando / Central Florida Update

Post by Ralph Eyman »

The Claddagh Cottage is still going strong, I think there may have been one missed EOWS during its entire history going back to 2001. :D

The Eustis Sessions have, sadly, ended. There does not seem to be an eating/drinking establishment in that area willing to relinquish a few tables for a Sunday afternoon or evening once a month. :sniffle:

The Fiddler's Green Session in Winter Park was preempted by televised Sunday sports events. Happily, the congregation has moved to the Orlando Brewery on Atlanta Avenue, south of downtown Orlando for a "last Sunday" of the Month Session. Be advised however that the schedule for this session is pretty irregular; if you're making a long trip just to catch it you may want to fire a note off to Rick Norry (member MacLeod on this forum) first. 8)
Ralph Eyman

Re: USA, Florida, Orlando

Post by Ralph Eyman »

The Eustis 2nd Sunday Session has (happily) moved to Olivia's Coffee House, right around the corner from it's last and first venues.