Sessions in Seoul, South Korea this December?

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
soundsgood
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Sessions in Seoul, South Korea this December?

Post by soundsgood »

I've got an upcoming trip to Seoul, South Korea in mid-December and was wondering if anyone has recommendations for Irish music sessions to check out while I'm there. From what I've heard, it seems like it'll be pretty cold - might even see some snow! But hopefully there will still be some places doing trad music.

It would be great to experience the local scene. Anyone know of any regular weekly sessions or concerts happening around that time? Or how active the trad music community is in the winter?

Hoping to experience some Korean culture and hospitality through the music.
soundsgood
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Re: Sessions in Seoul, South Korea this December?

Post by soundsgood »

No replies yet so thought I'd share what I found in my own searching. There's a Facebook group called Irish in Korea that may have some info on sessions happening in December - https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishinkorea/

Also checked out this tourism guide on South Korea that mentioned Seoul will see snow in winter https://gowithguide.com/blog/south-kore ... -know-5254 Wondering if the cold weather might limit musicians indoor at that time?