The Mayflower Club, North Hollywood, California, USA

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

The Mayflower Club, North Hollywood, California, USA

Post by Jayhawk »

Heading to see Van Morrison at the Greek next week in LA, and I see there is a session not too far from my Aunt's house in Thousand Oaks, but it's in what seems like a unique venue...a British Expat Club - the Mayflower Club. Anyone been there? The info on their site mentions they are still masking and having patrons mask, and I'm curious if that is old info or still true. Also, is this more a venue for the musicians or do people come and listen, too?

Thanks,
Eric
Yogifluter

Re: The Mayflower Club, North Hollywood, California, USA

Post by Yogifluter »

First I've heard of it, though that doesn't mean nothing is happening. The main sesssion in (greater) LA is at the Auld Dubliner in Long Beach, Sundays, 4-7pm. You're welcome to join us!

Tim
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Post by Jayhawk »

That's a bit of a drive from Thousand Oaks...if I have time, I'll post about the Mayflower Club's session.

Eric
soundsgood
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Post by soundsgood »

Any update on how the session at the Mayflower Club was? Was it more of a player's thing or did they welcome listeners too? I'm curious if the masking rules have changed since their website. Thanks for checking it out - it's always interesting to find new music venues, especially someplace unique like an expat club.
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk »

Unfortunately, I never made it to the session while I was in LA.

Eric
soundsgood
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Post by soundsgood »

Too bad you didn't get to check out that session! Those more niche music venues always sound interesting.