Current Chicago Open Sessions Thursday or Friday Night

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Current Chicago Open Sessions Thursday or Friday Night

Post by Jayhawk »

I've done some digging on the session, and it appears there is an open session Thursday nights at either the Galway Arms or the Irish Center. However, I want to make sure these are both still up and running post COVID and open to players dropping in. Also, times would be good for the Galway Arms session.

Any sessions Friday night or other Thursday night sessions I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Eric
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: Current Chicago Open Sessions Thursday or Friday Night

Post by Jayhawk »

Just fyi for anyone else heading to Chicago. The session on Thursdays is definitely open, very friendly, and was a nice small group (me plus 4 others) the night I was there. Fun pub but do yourself a favor and do not get the fish and chips...worst I have ever, ever had (they make Long John Silvers seem like a Michelin starred restaurant). Beer's fine, though, so all was not lost.

Eric
soundsgood
Tell us something.: My name is Elaine and I'm interested in playing flute. I've just begun learning Irish flute and hoped to join the Chiff and Fipple forums to seek advice from more experienced players on techniques, recommended learning materials, upcoming trad music events in my area, and to potentially find a local teacher. The forum seems like it would be a very helpful online community for beginners like myself.

Re: Current Chicago Open Sessions Thursday or Friday Night

Post by soundsgood »

Thanks for the heads up about the Galway Arms session! Glad to hear it's still happening regularly. And haha, good to know about avoiding the fish and chips - sometimes you take a chance with pub food.