Kansas City, MO?

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Kansas City, MO?

Post by plunk111 »

Since the info here regarding the session scene in KC, MO is a little dated, figured I'd ask...

What's happening between June 10th and 18th? I'll be in town grading AP exams and would like to find something close (i.e. walking) to downtown.

Pat Plunkett
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: Kansas City, MO?

Post by Jayhawk »

Hi Pat,

The KC sessions at Mike's Tavern are the first and third Saturdays. So if you can play the afternoon of June 18th...that is the nearest session 3-6 just about 57th and Troost. If you have a car, 6/12 (Sunday) there is a session 40 minutes west of KC that I co-run at Henry's Upstairs (between Mass st. and Vermont on 8th street) in Lawrence from 5:30 to 8. If you don't have a car, let me know and I will try and line up a ride for you. It's the bigger of the two local sessions, and we meet weekly and can be enticed to grab dinner before/after as well.

I hope to see you in June!

Eric
plunk111
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Kansas City, MO?

Post by plunk111 »

Eric:

That message was from last year, but I'll be out there again this summer from June 10 thru 18. I leave the morning of the 18th, so that's out. I think we get off about 5 on Sunday, so the 12th might be a player (but I won't have a car). PM me your 'phone and I'll try to give you a call when I get to KC. I won't have my "good" flute, but I may be able to keep up...

Pat
Pat Plunkett, Wheeling, WV