House Concert - Ferndale, MI

Chiff and Fipple in your hometown.
NicoMoreno
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

House Concert - Ferndale, MI

Post by NicoMoreno »

Alison Perkins and Nick Brown present the first concert of the new Woodland Street Concert series: our friends Sophie Lavoie (Quebecois fiddle) and Fiachra O‘Regan (Irish uilleann pipes), a duo of brilliant musicians that delightfully combine Québécois and Irish music. In addition to the concert, we are hosting an uilleann piping workshop and a fiddle workshop. The piping workshop will be held in Ferndale at our friends' house, while the concert and fiddle workshop are at our home.

Workshop Details:
Time: 3-5pm
Date: May 12th, 2018
Where: Ferndale, MI, contact us for details
Cost: $30
Please email us at WoodlandStreetConcerts@gmail.com to let us know if you would like to attend the workshop
https://www.facebook.com/events/604251353247318/

House Concert Details:
When: May 12th, 2018
Where: Ferndale, MI, contact us for details
Cost: $15, kids under 10 get in free
Time: doors at 7:30, show at 8pm.
email for tickets and info: WoodlandStreetConcerts@gmail.com
or call (248) 979-1489
https://www.facebook.com/events/2071197699758322/

Musicians' Details:
Described as “Invigorating” by The Irish Times, Sophie & Fiachra take the Traditional Music of Quebec and Ireland and mate it in a unique way, remaining true to their roots while creating a new and original sound.

Their sound is rooted in the fiddle playing and singing of Quebecoise Sophie Lavoie, the uilleann piping and banjo playing of Fiachra O’Regan from Ireland. Their sound is sweetened all the more by Gaelic and French Canadian song arrangements.

“This is Irish Music with a Quebecois Twist at it’s very, very best” said Mike Harding. This is no surprise given Sophie & Fiachra’s track record with delighted audiences throughout the world – and their deep love for, and intimacy with their respective musical traditions.

“It’s refreshing to hear a traditional band reference the present with such subtlety and finesse” -- Siobhán Long, of The Irish Times

About the concert series:

Woodland Street is a brand new house concert series located in Ferndale, MI. Hosted in the home of local Irish musicians Alison Perkins and Nicolas Brown, the series is a labor of love in which 100% of the proceeds go directly to the performing artists. The series will feature traditional and folk music of the highest quality.