This Guy Is A KILLER Bodhrán Player!

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Feadóg80
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love Irish trad music and have been playing whistle for a couple of years. I mainly play a Killarney brass whistle.

This Guy Is A KILLER Bodhrán Player!

Post by Feadóg80 »

I saw this guy play at a pub in Dublin called The Merry Ploughboy. One of my friends is a regular there and we went up there on a Saturday, and this bodhrán player - Ivan Smyth - just floored me with his amazing skills! I've wanted to play bodhrán for a long time, but I have not been able to find a teacher yet. So I decided to start on whistle and hopefully add bodhrán in down the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtvzA5nL41Q
recblue8

Re: This Guy Is A KILLER Bodhrán Player!

Post by recblue8 »

Really cool to listen to an epic solo by a guy who plays with the back end of his tipper as well!

Just started learning how to work a bodhran myself :D and this is a great bit of inspiration.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote:Some more inspiration then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpcTiL6vnQ
Haven't come across him. Very good. Interesting.