Irish Music Retreat in Texas!!

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
rdholt00
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Irish Music Retreat in Texas!!

Post by rdholt00 »

O’Flaherty Irish Music Retreat Oct. 24-26
The 11th annual O’Flaherty Irish Music Retreat will be held on October 24-26, 2014 at Hoblitzelle Camp & Conference Center near Midlothian, Texas (30 minutes south of Dallas.) This three-day music camp is for students who want to learn to play traditional Irish music as taught by some of the tradition’s best players/teachers. Held during the most beautiful time of year in Texas, the location is scenic and perfect for a gathering of motivated players from all over the country. The retreat is now taking online enrollment for all classes.

The teaching staff, In alphabetical order, include Albert Alfonso on bodhran (Int. & Adv.); Séamus Begley on button accordion; Mick Broderick on bouzouki; David Doocey on fiddle (Int. & Adv.); Cormac DeBarra on harp (Int. & Adv.); Aoife Clancy on singing; Rick Cunningham on mandolin & tenor Banjo fundamentals; Seamus Egan on tenor banjo (Int. & Adv.); Therese Honey on harp fundamentals; Winifred Horan on fiddle (Int. & Adv.); Roger Landes on mandolin (Int. & Adv.); Grey Larsen on flute & whistle fundamentals; Oisín Mac Diarmada on fiddle (Int. & Adv.); Joanie Madden on whistle (Int. & Adv.); Eamon McElholm on guitar; Catherine McEvoy on flute (Int. & Adv.); Gordon McLeod on fiddle fundamentals; Brian McNamara on uilleann pipes; David Mehalko on fiddle fundamentals; Mirella Murray on piano accordion; Niamh Ni Charra on concertina; Dale Russ on fiddle (Int. & Adv.); and Mark Stone on bodhran fundamentals.

The retreat gets underway on Thursday night October 23rd with a “Meet & Greet” Texas BBQ followed by sessions. Classes begin Friday, October 24th and last until Sunday night, October 26th. In addition to the regular classes, there will be a large offering of enrichment classes, “informances” and workshops on a variety of topics. Instructor concerts will be held each evening and “mini-concerts” given during each meal time. A “Lone Star Ceili” is held on Saturday night and sessions (both instrumental and song) every evening. Tuition is $250 for adults, 18 and older, and $150 for invited youth who meet set requirements. For all of the details, visit http://oflahertyretreat.org/. To contact the retreat, call (469) 215-1840 or email info@oflahertyretreat.org.
Wanderer

Re: Irish Music Retreat in Texas!!

Post by Wanderer »

I've wanted to go to this for a number of years. I'll be there this year.

It's a tad ironic that I had to move to Virginia before I was able to make the scheduling and money work.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
rdholt00

Re: Irish Music Retreat in Texas!!

Post by rdholt00 »

Life's funny sometimes! Glad to hear you will be there finally.