Help identifying unknown song sung in irish

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
deisman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a traveling man, made a lot of stops. All over this world. And in every port, I own the heart of a cute little girl. Woah, I'm a travel'n man. Yes, I'm a travel'n maa-an. Woah, I'm a travel'n man.

Help identifying unknown song sung in irish

Post by deisman »

Hi Folks,

Posting a bit of a long shot here, to see if anyone in the community is familiar with this lovely song? I don't speak Irish, but I'd love to identify it so I can try and find the lyrics in english and give it a go.

https://soundcloud.com/dirishfluter/unknown-irish-song

Thanks for the listen...

Deisman
I'm on it...
Brus

Re: Help identifying unknown song sung in irish

Post by Brus »

deisman wrote:Hi Folks,

Posting a bit of a long shot here, to see if anyone in the community is familiar with this lovely song? I don't speak Irish, but I'd love to identify it so I can try and find the lyrics in english and give it a go.

https://soundcloud.com/dirishfluter/unknown-irish-song

Thanks for the listen...

Deisman
Alas. I'm 99% sure I've heard Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh sing this one, but I did a quick check over my CDs, checking any likely tracks, and didn't find it.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
deisman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a traveling man, made a lot of stops. All over this world. And in every port, I own the heart of a cute little girl. Woah, I'm a travel'n man. Yes, I'm a travel'n maa-an. Woah, I'm a travel'n man.

Re: Help identifying unknown song sung in irish

Post by deisman »

Thanks for looking. I will try and find more on that artist.
I'm on it...