Arrrrghhhh!....Learning a new instrument!!!

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
magroibin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Arrrrghhhh!....Learning a new instrument!!!

Post by magroibin »

Agggggh....Been trying to pick up the box for the last year or so. Been playing pipes, fiddle, whistle and mandolin for some time, but the box is a completely different beast! I'm not expecting any miracles - I know learning takes what it takes. But it's just that when you've been playing for a while its easy to forget just how much work you've put into any given instrument to get to the level you're accustomed to playing.

Frustrating!...fun of course but frustrating all the same!!!
megapop

Re: Arrrrghhhh!....Learning a new instrument!!!

Post by megapop »

Au contraire! Learning the basics is much more rewarding as you're making noticeable progress in comparably short intervals. But once you basically know your instrument and try to play it decently... that's when the real hard work begins. :poke: :)
return null;
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Re: Arrrrghhhh!....Learning a new instrument!!!

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

megapop wrote:Au contraire! Learning the basics is much more rewarding as you're making noticeable progress in comparably short intervals. But once you basically know your instrument and try to play it decently... that's when the real hard work begins. :poke: :)
Preach. I'm much more frustrated with my smallpipes now that I've come to expect a modicum of skill when playing them. Still, it's a ton of fun.