From the Chinese question, what is “session”?

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
cai-shao-yang
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

From the Chinese question, what is “session”?

Post by cai-shao-yang »

Is a party of Irish music? Who can give me a more detailed and authoritative explanation?

And how to carry out it in China?
my mail: 23921660@qq.com
i come from china,and i have a irsh-US name "fluke.Whelan"
benhall.1
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: From the Chinese question, what is “session”?

Post by benhall.1 »

A session is when people gather together to play music. Usually, it's in a pub, but there are sessions in people's houses as well. Sessions are often organised so that they happen on the same day of the week each week.

To start a session in China, or anywhere else, you just need a group of people who are interested in the same kind of music (or roughly similar, at least), and arrange to meet to play music. It would help if you can find a friendly bar who would let you have a corner to sit in to play music, and who would agree to turn off any pre-recorded music that they may ordinarily play.

Does that help?
cai-shao-yang
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: From the Chinese question, what is “session”?

Post by cai-shao-yang »

benhall.1 wrote:A session is when people gather together to play music. Usually, it's in a pub, but there are sessions in people's houses as well. Sessions are often organised so that they happen on the same day of the week each week.

To start a session in China, or anywhere else, you just need a group of people who are interested in the same kind of music (or roughly similar, at least), and arrange to meet to play music. It would help if you can find a friendly bar who would let you have a corner to sit in to play music, and who would agree to turn off any pre-recorded music that they may ordinarily play.

Does that help?

thanks!
my mail: 23921660@qq.com
i come from china,and i have a irsh-US name "fluke.Whelan"