Music in a Breeze of Wind : Trad. Dance Music in Co Clare

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Music in a Breeze of Wind : Trad. Dance Music in Co Clare

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Last Sunday night Barry Taylor's book Music in a Breeze of Wind : Traditional Dance Music in Co Clare 1870-1970 was launched.

The book documents the dance and music tradition of West Clare, in 350 A4 pages of text, illustrated with loads of pictures. It's a great read.

Not sure of the availability (I think Barry has yet to organise the distribution) or the price (it was €20 at the launch) but I'd recommend the book wholeheartedly to anyone with an interest in the music of the windy west.

My brain hurts

Cathy Wilde

Re: Music in a Breeze of Wind : Trad. Dance Music in Co Clare

Post by Cathy Wilde »

:thumbsup: I've gotten to "stalk" Michael Tubridy at a couple Northeast Tionoil and hear a bit about Clare dance music from him (as you know, he's quite the dancer, too). Anyway, I enjoyed listening to him very much, and look forward to reading about it from another point-of-view. After 10+ years at this racket, I've only recently begun comprehending the full musical awesomeness of Clare - sad, but true. I was blind but now I see!
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
crookedtune

Re: Music in a Breeze of Wind : Trad. Dance Music in Co Clare

Post by crookedtune »

Here's more about it, including purchasing info. This will by my Christmas present to self.

http://clarelibrary.blogspot.com/2013/1 ... ional.html
Charlie Gravel

“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”
― Oscar Wilde
Mr.Gumby

Re: Music in a Breeze of Wind : Trad. Dance Music in Co Cla

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Reviving this old one as the author has posted on the session.org the book is now available at a give away price. Still worth having/reading. :thumbsup:
My brain hurts