It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:06 am 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 35978
Location: Among the pixels
TheSilverSpear wrote:
Carnax

???

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Carmichael, CA
david_h wrote:
Setting actual listening experience above some theoretical construct I would say http://www.dervish.ie/



Or

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKeYZb-IB ... xKeYZb-IB8

Rumor has it she can sing a little as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:04 am
Posts: 1329
Location: Mercia
McElmurry wrote:
david_h wrote:
Setting actual listening experience above some theoretical construct I would say http://www.dervish.ie/
Or
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GxKeYZb-IB ... xKeYZb-IB8
Rumor has it she can sing a little as well.


Yes, great, but I count 7 there ! I haven't seen Danu live yet and I chose Dervish as a substantive answer to the OP because I like that sort of 'melody instrument rich' line up.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:13 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Carmichael, CA
david_h wrote:

Yes, great, but I count 7 there ! I haven't seen Danu live yet and I chose Dervish as a substantive answer to the OP because I like that sort of 'melody instrument rich' line up.


I don't recognize the flute player. He may be a former member or a guest. When I saw Danu last year they were six. I agreed with your "substantive" approach, which is why I followed suit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:50 am
Posts: 4642
Location: Larkhall Scotland
Nanohedron wrote:
TheSilverSpear wrote:
Carnax

???


Vid of Carnyx being played


David

_________________
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:55 pm 
Offline
Moderatorer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:00 pm
Posts: 35978
Location: Among the pixels
Oh, right! I know what a carnyx is. Didn't think of it for some stupid reason, though.

_________________
"Time is the wisest counselor of all." - Pericles

"I remain not entirely convinced of it." - Nano


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:28 pm
Posts: 450
McElmurry wrote:
david_h wrote:

Yes, great, but I count 7 there ! I haven't seen Danu live yet and I chose Dervish as a substantive answer to the OP because I like that sort of 'melody instrument rich' line up.


I don't recognize the flute player. He may be a former member or a guest. When I saw Danu last year they were six. I agreed with your "substantive" approach, which is why I followed suit.


The flute player is Tom Doorley! Original, founding memder. The girl was a late addition and was picked up for her singing but she' a mighty player as well!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:45 pm
Posts: 18663
Location: San Diego, CA
david_h wrote:
Setting actual listening experience above some theoretical construct I would say http://www.dervish.ie/

Right. I think the best one can do with the question is to point to various existing/past exemplars of different instruments, different numbers of instruments, and different players (with what they bring to it), and evaluate the results according to taste.

TheSilverSpear wrote:
Carnax

Is that anything like Carhorn? Why yes, I think it is! :P

_________________
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:06 pm
Posts: 2720
Location: Dartmouth, Massachusetts, USA
And no one has mentioned Guiness???

Best wishes.

Steve

_________________
"Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.071s | 11 Queries | GZIP : On ]
(dh)