Ceili Bandits

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Whistlepeg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Whistlepeg »

When in Ireland this past summer I bought a Ceili Bandits CD. This was before I know who was playing on it (I heard it being played in a shop, loved it so asked for the name of the CD so I could get it)
According to the liner notes Kevin Griffiths (banjo)was an original member, but appears on this album as a guest. Anyone out there (in particular Peter and others in Ireland) heard this band? Any idea what other albums they might have out? If not, I could always contact Eoin at Custy's. Thanks,
Sue
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

I know them but I don't know their music very well, they are Eoin O Neill, Quentin Cooper and Yvonne Casey and whoever is handy like Kevin Griffin [not Griffith]. I think there are two CDs but not sure, as you say Eoin is at Custy's afew days a week so you may as well ask him.
Whistlepeg

Post by Whistlepeg »

Thanks Peter.
Sue
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

There are two CDs according to some website I looked at yesterday. I used Google. I couldn't find a web site for them.

Steve
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

Just to avoid further confusion, Eoin O Neill who is the prime Ceili Bandit not only works at Custy's he also runs Clachan Records with Frances Custy's hubbie John O Conor, the Bandits release their CDs on that label. Makes sense doesn't it. Single bandits are involved in several of the labels projects, Quentin Cooper for example playing guitar on Pat O Conor's CD [yes the brother], and Mary Custy's latest [yes the sister]. It makes good sense to check th Custy website for info.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Peter Laban on 2003-01-06 09:01 ]</font>