Bodhran?

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Greg Connor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm facinated by the simplicity and the ability of the irish whistle. I use it mainly for accent while recording music.

Re: Bodhran?

Post by Greg Connor »

It's fun to look, and it's going to take me a while to decide (Mostly because I like the process). Besides that, I'm holding a new whistle that came in the mail two days ago. . . Too many hobbies!
highland-piper

Post by highland-piper »

I saw one of those remo bodhrans that had duct tape all around the rim on the inside. Several layers. It sounded really good. The tape took all the boingieness out of it.

I'm curious about the Meinl 14" "Irish" bodhran. I picked up one of their frame drums in a guitar shop and it was a good instrument.

Of course, nothing wrong with supporting a craftsman if you have the money. :thumbsup:
cassidybole
Tell us something.: I'm a flute enthusiast and what to share the ideas with fellow learners. I have always been keen to more about flute world.

Post by cassidybole »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Of course! When seeking an affordable bodhran, consider brands like Waltons, Roosebeck, or McNeela. They offer decent quality without breaking the bank. Check reviews and sizes to match your preference.
Katharine
Tell us something.: Something..............................................................................................

Post by Katharine »

There are "tweaks" to bodhrans to improve cheap ones, same as for whistles. The tape "trick" (I've always read it as 2" electrical tape-- get the Scotch Super 33, I believe it is) is one of them. I can't remember the others, now.
Here's tae us--
Wha's like us?
Damn few--
And they're a' deid--
Mair's the pity.