guitar lessons next lesson 25 Nov 6.00 pm

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Wizzer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wizzer »

I stated my guitar lessons at the Tara circle in Yonkers.
I was supprised to find Mary Coogan from Cherish the Ladies was the instructor.

There is still room in the class for anyone wishing to join. contact
bgal2@bestweb.net

Guitar
Instructor: Mary Coogan
Class Number: M009
Wednesdays: 6:30 - 7:50pm
starts again Nov 20 2002
Mary Coogan will provide Guitar lessons on Wednesdays from 6:30 - 7:50 beginning Oct 9 for 6 weeks. She also is proficient in Banjo and Mandolin. She is a renowned musician in this area.

Cost: $75

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wizzer on 2002-11-17 14:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wizzer on 2002-11-21 09:16 ]</font>
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Just shows that everybody has to work.

My joke has been that for years my friends have come back from tour to their bookstore jobs. Started with a college chum in the men's vocal group Chanticleer. They toured everywhere but he still needed a job.

Great opportunity for NYers!
Wizzer

Post by Wizzer »

Music as a profession is usually a labor of love. Few musicians have the talent and skills necessary to make a living at it. You are required to be an astute businessperson and travel agent and then have the talent to walk on stage and give an engaging performance. It is rare that you get paid enough so you need to do many gigs to break even. On your off hours when you a not lugging equipment around or dealing with your day to day troubles in life you need to find time to be creative and produce new music or learn new tunes.
Once you receive a little success you end up on the road living out of a suitcase for most of the year and hoping that your expenses are being covered by the fees you are generating. If not you end back at home working many hours to pay off the expense generated by the experience.
Yes being a professional musician is a lot more than just showing up for the gigs.
Of course you can hire a manager to do some to do some of this but they you need to be able to afford them and good people do not come cheep. And as with any business arrangement you will need to be able to look over the manager’s shoulder and know if they are doing the right thing by you.
BrassBlower
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

On 2002-10-09 20:59, Wizzer wrote:
I was supprised to find Mary Coogan from Cherish the Ladies was the instructor.
Lucky you! I am SOOOO jealous! :grin: Too bad Yonkers isn't closer to Fort Smith!

I have met Mary a couple of times at CTL shows, and she is one of the sweetest people I know.

Slan,
Jim
Wizzer

Post by Wizzer »

On 2002-11-15 14:12, BrassBlower wrote:
Lucky you! I am SOOOO jealous! :grin: Too bad Yonkers isn't closer to Fort Smith!

I have met Mary a couple of times at CTL shows, and she is one of the sweetest people I know.

Slan,
Jim
[/quote]
I was even more supprised by how much progres I made in just a few weeks. She is certainly a good instructor.