John Hoban ambassador of Irish Traditional music.

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Wizzer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Wizzer »

Originally from Castlebar, County Mayo, John can best be described as a global ambassador of Irish Traditional music.

A talented multi-instrumentalist, singer, songwriter and teacher, he is widely known and respected throughout Ireland, and has taught and inspired many renowned players and performers, including the likes of Sharon Shannon and Emer Mayock.

John's inspirational, informal gatherings are particularly noted for embracing beginners and novices.
John is one of the foremost exponents of the great Irish tradition of passing the music from one generation to the next, so his visit is a wonderful opportunity to introduce your children to their Irish musical heritage.

John's concert is at 8PM adults $10, Kids $5 Tressler's Barn, Easton, CT. directions below

The workshop is FREE and will be held at the Gaelic American Club in Fairfield on Sat. Oct 11th from 2-4PM and is OPEN to non-members, bring you instrument and voice. Directions below

Just return this e-mail and let me know how many people for the concert and/or workshop.

This concert is made possible in part by a generous grant from the Wild Geese and with support from the Connecticut Commission on the Arts.

Thanks very much,
Tim Quinn
Shamrogue
tmquinn@optonline.net
The Shamrock Traditional Irish Music Society, Inc. P.O.Box 486 Fairfield, CT. 06430 ticket line 203 256 8453

John's concert is at 8PM
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Hi Tim

I would love to make the concert but I live in Canada.

But have nothing but good memories of John when here was here in Windsor several times teaching, and playing.

And its good to hear about him. Give him all the best and tell him that Mark Bradley, Lynne and Mick Reid, and Justin Manning all say hello.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.