Music & Light : music photos by Tony Kearns

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Music & Light : music photos by Tony Kearns

Post by kkrell »

It's an interesting glitch, in that there is no Profile button or post info on the posts for Cayden, in this thread. A search of members, though, does have a button for Private Messages, and an email address of mfenright9 at gmail.com, joined 08 Aug 2012 07:11, 751 post count.

A click on the member brings up a profile "I play high and low whistle with Traditional Irish Music being my focus of interest. I love Irish music and consider it as a direct connection to my Irish heritage. I enjoy participation in whistle tours, chatting with other players, and learning much from the many talented folks that frequent C & F."

Note that you cannot click the member's name in the thread, only in the member directory.

A search of User's posts show 2 this year, last on Sept. 3. : search.php?author_id=19160&sr=posts

A note to moderators. You might ask that user to establish a new C&F ID, and have moderators delete the user. I think there was some provision for posts remaining for a deleted user, but you might be able to prevent future linking.

I suspect this may have glitched due to some weird behavior during a rebuild of the C&F database.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell wrote:A note to moderators. You might ask that user to establish a new C&F ID, and have moderators delete the user. I think there was some provision for posts remaining for a deleted user, but you might be able to prevent future linking.
To add to the oddity, you can't link to the false Cayden via a C&F search on the username's posts; all you get is the real Cayden's content, starting from 2012. So that's not an issue. Therefore, since it will be only by happenstance that we can tell if there are other instances of the same glitch, at this point Ben and I don't see it as a priority. Enough member opinion to the contrary might change our minds, but to be honest, so far I'm not confident that number exists. :)

But the topic has come up in Admin council in the past. Ben remembers it; me, not really so much. Understandably I am totally clueless as to whether our discussion was about this exact same thread, but Ben might remember that, too.

Even MTGuru of the Mad Skillz was foiled by it, so we just threw up our hands and said, "Meh."
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I also vote "Meh". I used to design databases, often special purpose, from scratch.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Nothing to get excited about. It has been like that for four or five years. I notified mods and persons involved when I first noticed, somewhere in 2013.

And the answer to Brian's question is to be found in this shot of Tony's from 1998, with Michael Downes at the center and Mr Daly with only half his face inside the frame:

My brain hurts