The Final Micho Russell Installment - Hornpipes

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Teri-K
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Teri-K »

Sadly, this is the final transcription of Peter's private Micho Russell recordings - a set of hornpipes.

Thank you for sharing these recordings and your insight, Peter.

http://www.nwparalegal.com/music/homebrewer.html

Teri
carrie

Post by carrie »

Thanks to Peter for this, and all the other transcriptions. In his notes Peter writes:

"I have heard Micho play this tune on numerous occasions and I am sure it is included his commercial recordings, I am not sure which one though. Micho gives the tune the name of 'The Homebrewer', 'A homebrew is like the tea, something brewed at home'. I believe he made that up on the spot, I have never seen it called that. I also suspect somewhere along the line Micho misheard the tune title 'The Homeruler' which is a common hornpipe though a different one. In my ears the tune echoes various other hornpipes like The Plains of Boyle, Leitrim Fancy and Staten Island. Whatever the way, it bears all the hallmarks of a Micho Russell tune, wherever he got it he very much made it his own."

I know of at least one commercial recording on which Micho Russell plays this hornpipe--his last recording: John Williams' first CD, just called John Williams. BTW, I learned the tune under the name of Delahunty's.

Carol