Siobhan O'Donnell's (reel)

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

I love this reel in A as played by Lunasa as the third part of a set.

I've found it on JC's to give me help with learning alongside the record, and saw there was another tune, Siobhan O'Donnell's #3 there as well. This leads me to suppose that Siobhan is a composer, and possibly still alive (I'm thinking of Paddy Fahy's numbered reels as I write this)?

Can anyone give me some details about this lady, other tunes she has written, what she plays, and which part of Ireland she comes from (Donegal?) ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Martin Milner on 2002-08-05 07:24 ]</font>
Jo C
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Jo C »

In a book of tunes put together by Karen Tweed, there are 3 tunes called Siobhan O'Donnell's (numbered 1-3, 2 jigs and a reel). Karen used to play with Siobhan in London and learnt the tunes from her (I don't think she wrote them).
Hope this is of some help.
Jo.
brendan ring
antispam: No

Post by brendan ring »

Siobhan O'Donnell is a relatively young musician, probably late thirties. She is from London and was a phenomenal prodigy. She won every all Ireland title conceivable on flute , whistle and sean nos. On one famous occassion I think she took five all Ireland titles in one go!
brendan ring
antispam: No

Post by brendan ring »

Siobhan O'Donnell is a relatively young musician, probably late thirties. She is from London and was a phenomenal prodigy. She won every all Ireland title conceivable on flute , whistle and sean nos. On one famous occassion I think she took five all Ireland titles in one go!