List of All Ireland Champions

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: List of All Ireland Champions

Post by benhall.1 »

Griffinx wrote:
... or use PMs.
Ah that option hadn't been there before..cheers
I know. I flagged up somewhere above that you could use them now, but I had a feeling you hadn't picked up on it. :)
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

For some reason, didn't send the first time. I've tried again.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Griffinx
Tell us something.: Im a Fiddler and Im interested in the list of champions becasue Im creating a database of fleadh results.

Post by Griffinx »

benhall.1 wrote:
Griffinx wrote:
kenny wrote:4 pages of 1974 results scanned and sent by email. Please confirm that I've got your email address correct. Best of luck !
Nothing came through in email.. To avoid the spambots I dont want to leave my full email address here.. but replace at with @ and no spaces

xxxxx at gmail.com
... or use PMs.
Griffinx
Tell us something.: Im a Fiddler and Im interested in the list of champions becasue Im creating a database of fleadh results.

Post by Griffinx »

benhall.1 wrote:
Griffinx wrote:
kenny wrote:If you PM me an email address I'll scan the pages of the earliest year I have and forward them to you. If that works for you, I'll do as much as I can, as soon as I can, but next week is very busy for me leading up to a flute weekend I'm heavily involved with in Edinburgh. I'll have a bit more time once that's over, for 2 weeks or so until the Willie Clancy week comes around.
A' the best. Kenny
Kenny, I cant see how to PM but my email address is xxxxx at gmail.com

Thanks
Fintan
You'll be able to PM now, Fintan. :)
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

Hi Fintan - I rescanned 3 pages at a higher resolution and sent them to you. Please let me know if they were any better than the first attempt. I'll try to find and scan 1975 results later this afternoon.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Griffinx

Post by Griffinx »

kenny wrote:Hi Fintan - I rescanned 3 pages at a higher resolution and sent them to you. Please let me know if they were any better than the first attempt. I'll try to find and scan 1975 results later this afternoon.
Kenny

Yes received with thanks and they working better than lower res ones. I'm working on the database import when I get spare time, hopefully 1974 will be complete this week.
LI Whistler

Post by LI Whistler »

Just want to note that Christina Dolphin, 2007 All-Ireland Fleadh senior winner in Flute - Slow Airs category, has announced on this board her availability for Flute and whistle Lessons via Skype. She has been my teacher for several months and is excellent.