Results from Irish musical inspiration?

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
RoberTunes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute, guitar, keyboard + whistle player learning about quality whistles, musical possibilities and playing techniques. I've recorded a CD of my own music and am creating music for kids.

Results from Irish musical inspiration?

Post by RoberTunes »

A question mostly for visitors to Ireland or Scotland, rather than native Irish.

Can any non-Irish visitors to Ireland who were inspired to create any music, by being around Irish music, relate what kind of music showed up?

I'm wondering if people were inspired by Irish music, probably had a whistle, fiddle or guitar with them, or could sing, decided to create some music or some lyrics for a song, and what resulted is more personal than Irish, or a blend of things, or what is in the Irish style without being too closely a copy of some existing Irish tunes.

Alternately, native Irish who travel elsewhere on the planet, who get inspired by music elsewhere, when creating more music of your own, what kind of music resulted? Irish style, a blend, an imitation of something else?
Fildafluter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning the Irish flute, asking questions about it, reading topics related to wind instruments. What is the best Tin Whistle, that sort of thing.

Re: Results from Irish musical inspiration?

Post by Fildafluter »

To your last question, yes!

I lived for a long time within a vibrant Morris folk dance community, and I loved the happy tunes they dance to. So all my early attempts at making new music have a Morris dance flavor, and some are in between structures creating something new.

Later studying modern Greek, I get spoiled again. So my latest musical adventures tend to be directed towards blending that into what I meddle with. My local audience tell me this sort of thing sounds like Jazz, yet I do not use chromatic scales.

Hope that helps.
"The more you weigh the harder you are to kidnap,
be safe, eat more ice-cream"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1298297360297681/