New YouTube Show focused on melodic variation

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
MadmanWithaWhistle
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

New YouTube Show focused on melodic variation

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

Hi folks,

Just in case anyone's interested, I've started a new little project on YouTube casually focused on melodic variation and (coming soon) regional style. Basically I go through the basic version of a tune, and then talk about some of the variations and ornamentation one could add, then play the tune more or less like I would with my friends. I'm far from an expert, and have tried to frame the content in terms of my opinion and observations. Hopefully it will be helpful to intermediate players and those looking for a 'flute version' of a tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6B-ZhXoNBQ
buskerSean
Tell us something.: I am a walrus, I am a tea pot. John Lennon said that but people see him as a guru. Well,tell,you what he also almost became a piper asking Paddy Keenan to teach him. (bleep) got bored & went on the sitar and the rest is history.

Re: New YouTube Show focused on melodic variation

Post by buskerSean »

Fantastic, thank you. Good for pipers too.
MadmanWithaWhistle
Tell us something.: Instrument maker and researcher exploring new methods of creating traditional instruments with longevity aforethought. Player of the whistle, flute, and continental European border pipes.

Re: New YouTube Show focused on melodic variation

Post by MadmanWithaWhistle »

buskerSean wrote:Fantastic, thank you. Good for pipers too.
Cheers man! Thanks!