Karen Cook RIP

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Karen Cook RIP

Post by Nanohedron »

Don't know quite where to put this because it could be relevant to a number of forums, so I'll do it here. This notice is for the benefit of those of you who knew Karen but, like me, are not on Facebook. There, the news is already up.

A couple of days ago Karen Cook passed away unexpectedly. My deepest sympathies go out to her husband Pat Cannady; both, incidentally, were/are members here.

A bit of background: Karen was a fiddler of the Chicago ITM community who along with Pat, a fellow Chicago Southsider and uilleann piper, formed a longstanding duo so dedicated that you didn't mention one without the other. Over their many years as a musical team they eventually fell in love, married, and during the next 11 happy years together they were inseparable. For those of you who knew Karen and Pat, this will come as sad news. Karen was one of the kindest and gentlest people you could ever meet, dignified yet good-humored, and generous with her time and support. Again, my deepest, heartfelt sympathies go out to Pat in his loss.

Rest in peace, Karen. The world is a lesser thing without you.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician