Guitar players--do you use standard chords forms?

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Guitar players--do you use standard chords forms?

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Gumby wrote:The one Glen Hansard plays is at least along the same lines, perhaps even more so: like this.
It's really amazing how a guitar that chewed-up can still sound good.

There's an Irish fellow living here whose guitar has a bullet hole through it; says it happened in a Glasgow bar in the 70s while he was offstage taking a break during a gig, apparently the random act of someone simply letting off steam. Talk about tough crowds... I desperately wanted to buy that guitar off of him, but understandably, no dice. That's too fierce to let go of. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Mr.Gumby
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Guitar players--do you use standard chords forms?

Post by Mr.Gumby »

There was a great story about how he, Hansard, went to play in Japan (and ofcourse he won an oscar for that song too) and as he said in an interview 'old Mr. Takamine didn't like the state of the instrument'. The Takamine company then presented him with a new guitar. He still plays the old battered one though.

Sticking a pick-up inside the instrument may go towards an explanation why the sound is still good, perhaps, I don't know.
My brain hurts