Traveller tunes?

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Amergin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi, I am registering to this forum because I am a new whistle player with an interest in Irish, Scottish, Welsh, Cornish, Breton, and other traditional music among other forms of music and would like to learn more, be able to ask questions when I have them, and so forth. Thanks.

Traveller tunes?

Post by Amergin »

Was wondering if anyone can help me find more music similar to what I've been enjoying listening to and playing lately. I came across Bothy Band's rendition of "The Strayaway Child" and thereafter listened to some other versions and instantly fell in love. Later I discovered it was written by Margaret Barry. Then last night I came across this tune:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf_tVODld4A&t

And in the comments someone is claiming this is "Traveller style." Now I don't know how accurate this is or if there is anything that might connect Barry's tune and these, but is there such a thing as Traveller style or Traveller tunes? Where can I learn more?

Or to phrase it differently, anyone know any other tunes similar to or in a similar vein as "The Strayaway Child"?

Thanks.