tune id

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
john

tune id

Post by john »

any idea about this
john

Re: tune id

Post by john »

i think that this guy is the composer if that helps
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Sorry, it doesn't ring any bells for me.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

A bit hard to recognize from your recording - but this was written by Finbar Furey (AFAIK).
You can find recordings on "Morning on a Distant Shore" by the Furey Brothers and Davey Arthur, titled "Spey of Inverness",
as well as on "Tomorrow We Part" by Finbar Furey and Bob Stewart, under the title "Bird in the Tree".
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

As Michael Loos says above, it is "The Bird In The Tree", originally composed and recorded on uilleann pipes by Finbar Furey on the LP record "Tomorrow We Part", made with multi-instrumentalist Bob Stewart.
There would seem to be 3 recordings of this - the original on the LP record, but it also seems to have been re-recorded twice at a later date. I hadn't known about this until I looked for it in "iTunes", and found the later version in a CD entitled "Aran - Celtic Gypsy Music" by Finbar Furey and Robert [ not "Bob" ] Stewart, and also as Michael points out as "Spey Of Inverness" on a "Fureys" album. Having heard all 3 versions, I think the original is far and away the best - but your thanks are due to Michael for answering your query, I'm merely confirming it.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

PS - I think it was Finbar Furey who composed it, but indeed, it may have been Bob Stewart. I'f afraid I don't have the record any more.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Bob Stewart, Robert Stewart and Robert John "R J" Stewart are one and the same person - in different timelines :wink: .
All the recordings credit Finbar as composer of this tune.
john

Post by john »

thanks for all the responses and the information