CP: Tonight at Paddy Mac's

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: CP: Tonight at Paddy Mac's

Post by benhall.1 »

Thanks for those kind words ytliek!

Your favourites are very interesting indeed. And very flattering for me! (Given that you've picked my own reels, and me playing the air as two out of the three.) And yeah, Dusty Miller's great, isn't it? I love the insistence of that tune - I could listen to it over and over and over again. :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Just got mine!

I like how it starts with the creaky door and footsteps, Ben. It's illogical of me, but right away I knew that here was something to look forward to. I'm only halfway through; I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

Gregorio bought you a truffle? That's waaay past bromance, my friend... :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Just got mine!

I like how it starts with the creaky door and footsteps, Ben.
And, in keeping with the rest of the CD, that's a real door there No faked effect, or stock sound. In fact, it's the actual door of the abandoned Italian farmhouse we used for a recording studio.
Nanohedron wrote:It's illogical of me, but right away I knew that here was something to look forward to. I'm only halfway through; I'll finish the rest tomorrow.
I'll look forward to hearing what you think.
Nanohedron wrote:Gregorio bought you a truffle? That's waaay past bromance, my friend... :wink:
Deb has always said that Greg and I are in love, and she's jealous. :love: :D
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:I'll look forward to hearing what you think.
If it's all the same to you, I'd rather flay you in private. Wouldn't want to disturb the peace with the mess and screams and all. :wink:

But all joking aside, I very much liked the album. Good job. :thumbsup:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by david_h »

I like it. There is a lot going on so definitely something to listen to 'properly', of which I haven't done enough yet. If not listening properly the ghostly jig has distinct earworm potential.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

david_h wrote:I like it. There is a lot going on so definitely something to listen to 'properly', of which I haven't done enough yet. If not listening properly the ghostly jig has distinct earworm potential.
Thanks David. I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts once you've listened to it 'properly'. But very happy that you like it so far.

BTW, you want to watch that ghost jig - it does keep coming after you if you're not careful! :)
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Update folks! Next Friday 27th July 4pm in Drumshanbo during the Joe Mooney week Greg and I will formally launch the CD. Then on Saturday 28th July at 9pm in The Cobblestone, Dublin. Hope to see some of you there! :)
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

CD now available from the pipers' club.

It's on the front page for the moment. :)