Elizabeth Crotty CD

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Elizabeth Crotty CD

Post by Steve Bliven »

Anyone know of a source for the CD "Elizabeth Crotty: Concertina Music from West Clare"? Or be willing to part with one. I'd like to hear the CD but the liner notes are also of interest.

Thanks and best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
colomon
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Re: Elizabeth Crotty CD

Post by colomon »

Amazon will sell you a used copy for $200 plus shipping.

(Edited to add, I feel like I should have come up with an appropriate mind-boggled emoji for this post.)
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Thanks. I noticed that and figured I couldn't come up with enough emojis to cover the cost...

Turns out that my local inter-library loan librarian was able to locate a copy—after her initial search turned up negative. But if someone has a copy they'd like to unload (at well under $200), I'd still be interested in acquiring my own copy.

Best wishes.

Steve
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

colomon wrote:Amazon will sell you a used copy for $200 plus shipping.

(Edited to add, I feel like I should have come up with an appropriate mind-boggled emoji for this post.)
Really??? I bought one only a few years ago (3 maybe?) for a perfectly normal price. I think I got it from Custy's.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

I'm not 100% certain, Steve, but I think I saw a copy of the CD for sale in Custy's in Ennis at the beginning of July. I remember it because I thought it was quite a rare CD to find these days, - which appears to be the case. It may well be worth your while dropping them an email.
If all else fails, I have the recording on a cassette tape, and can "digitise" it for you. I can't help with the sleeve notes, I'm afraid, so your library may be your best bet after all.
Send me a PM if you get stuck. Regards, Kenny.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kenny wrote:I'm not 100% certain, Steve, but I think I saw a copy of the CD for sale in Custy's in Ennis at the beginning of July. I remember it because I thought it was quite a rare CD to find these days, - which appears to be the case. It may well be worth your while dropping them an email.
If all else fails, I have the recording on a cassette tape, and can "digitise" it for you. I can't help with the sleeve notes, I'm afraid, so your library may be your best bet after all.
Send me a PM if you get stuck. Regards, Kenny.
Well, given that I have the CD around somewhere, I could probably help with the sleeve notes ... I'd still recommend trying Custy's.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

Thanks all. Still hoping for the library to come through. Appreciate the kind offers of the tunes. I think I'll be set there—but will still be on the look-out for the whole package. And I'm checking with Custy's.

Best wishes to all.

Steve