Traditional Irish Songs with tabs for Mandolin

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
LindWeb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My name is Linda, I am from Ireland and 29 yeas old. I stumbled across this forum when I was searching for traditional Irish music and instruments. I just started playing Mandoline myself. So I thought I register here to ask some questions about it.

Traditional Irish Songs with tabs for Mandolin

Post by LindWeb »

Hello everyone.

As I already wrote earlier, I just started playing Mandoline. Yesterday I was looking around for some Irish songs. I finally found a great resource. 25 Traditional Irish Songs including the tabs for Mandoline. They are fairly easy and even suitable for beginners like me.

Furthermore, does anybody here know anymore websites for Irish Songs including tabs for Mandoline? That would be great.

Linda.
Flutulator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Here for a bit to get info on adding another keyed lefty flute to my instrument collection. Preferably something from a highly respected maker. Been playing since 2006.

Re: Traditional Irish Songs with tabs for Mandolin

Post by Flutulator »

LindWeb wrote:Hello everyone.

As I already wrote earlier, I just started playing Mandoline. Yesterday I was looking around for some Irish songs. I finally found a great resource. 25 Traditional Irish Songs including the tabs for Mandoline. They are fairly easy and even suitable for beginners like me.

Furthermore, does anybody here know anymore websites for Irish Songs including tabs for Mandoline? That would be great.

Linda.
I suspect that once you get the basic G and D scales down, there will be a default fingering for each note in first position, so you won;t really need tab - just a recording or some type of notation for the melody. At least that's how is generally works on an octave mando - I spose that a real mando could be more flexible?
My name is John. It is NOT "OP." :) :)