SWUP raffle: signed John B Vallely portrait of Felix Doran

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
RLines
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

SWUP raffle: signed John B Vallely portrait of Felix Doran

Post by RLines »

The South Wales Tionol is coming up on September 9/10, and as part of the event we are holding a very special raffle for a beautiful unframed print of the famous Felix Doran portrait by artist John B Vallely (aka Brian Vallely, founder of the Armagh Pipers Club and one of Ireland's most esteemed living painters).

Brian has generously donated the print to the South Wales Pipers for the raffle, and has not only signed and numbered it, but has also written a special inscription noting that it is a gift for the 2016 South Wales Tionol. So it is not only a beautiful piece of art, but a one-of-a-kind print based on the inscription.

We are indebted to Brian for his friendship and generosity in supporting uilleann piping in South Wales.

We will be selling tickets at the tionol, but because it it such a lovely piece of art for any trad musician we are also opening the raffle up to people who cannot attend the event. Anyone interested in raffle tickets can PM me or email me at ricklines(at)yahoo(dot)com to arrange to purchase tickets. Will post the print anywhere in the world to the lucky winner. Second prize is a new reedmaking book generously donated by Martin Gallen of Banba Designs in Co. Tyrone (thanks Martin!).

Tickets are £1 each, or a book of 10 tickets is £8. The draw will be held at the tionol on the evening of Saturday 10th September.

Below is a professional photo taken from the internet of an identical print. I will post photos of the raffle print and the special inscription this week.

Thanks
Rick
My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru