Stumped....Gan Ainm

For all instruments -- please read F.A.Q. before posting.
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Stumped....Gan Ainm

Post by kenny »

Hi guys - there's a query about a tune in a Youtube clip on "thesession.org" that's got us all stumped. See link below ;

https://youtu.be/9EnoDrNzwh8

There's a reel starting about 2m48s, which I certainly have heard before, but can't think what it is - and I'm not the only one.
I'm sure I've heard Scottish fiddle players playing it, and think it's probably a recent composition, but that could be totally wrong.

Now I know you like a challenge, so, over to youse experts..............................

PS - it's a lovely bit of playing by David Doocey on fiddle, and Brona Graham on banjo, accompanied by Ryan Molloy on keyboards.
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
ytliek
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Stumped....Gan Ainm

Post by ytliek »

I like a challenge but I'm definitely no expert... and I have no ear whatsoever so I'm guessing here. Guessing. To me the tune sounds like 'John Brennan's' from Doocey's album Changing Time.

I should've read The Session comments before posting. :oops:
kenny
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by kenny »

2 months, and still not identified. Is this a record ?
"There's fast music and there's lively music. People don't always know the difference"
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

I'm still stumped, but I'm going to venture that it's Cape Breton in origin; perhaps by one of the Beatons?
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.