11/27/02 News Update The Merry Girl

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

11/27/02 Eldarion (Xavier Tan) writes, "This is my latest recording, a polka called "The Merry Girl". I played it on my new Sam Murray flute, which I'm currently trying to get the right embouchure for. Please inform the guys that I would like to invite critique and would welcome feedback on it." Saved in non-whistle.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Well done Xavier! I'm impressed with the feel and rhythm you've got on that tune, I mean to me, those are the most important bits. You're sounding pretty good on that flute already, but keep up the work on your embouchure, and I'm sure you'll be getting the best out of that Murray before long. And you will of course let me know if you ever decide to part with it, right? :lol: Yeah I know, 'bout as likely as I'd part with my Olwell. I would love to have a Murray too though (sigh).

Seriously though, very well done with that tune!

Loren

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loren on 2002-11-28 08:44 ]</font>