09/14/09 Digerspolkan, Our Kate

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

09/14/09 Digerspolkan, Our Kate

Post by TonyHiggins »

09/14/09 Gian Marco Pietrasanta (pantera) sends: "Digerspolkan" a Swedish tune played on a G Alba whistle." (saved in misc)

David Auty sends: "Attached is a tune by Kathryn Tickell a Northumbrian piper. "Our Kate" She has given me permission to use the tune. http://www.kathryntickell.com/ (saved in misc)
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: 09/14/09 Digerspolkan, Our Kate

Post by Azalin »

Beautiful tune, David. Is it what you'd call a Northumbrian tune? I mean, it's been composed by someone from there, but is it also in the trad. Northumbrian style?
Tootler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Tootler »

Azalin wrote:Beautiful tune, David. Is it what you'd call a Northumbrian tune? I mean, it's been composed by someone from there, but is it also in the trad. Northumbrian style?
Kathryn is steeped in the Northumbrian tradition. Not only is she a superb piper, but also a fine fiddler as well. This tune while modern has a definite feel of a Northumbrian tune

To me it invokes the High moorland of the North of England - the best place in the world to be :D

Geoff

I'm not biased, of course. :lol:
Geoff Walker

Westmoreland (Playford, 1686)
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Tootler wrote:I'm not biased, of course. :lol:
I'm seriously biased, and I agree! Why, I was hobnobbing around Pendle just the week before last. Grand, and I love the way some of those northern tunes are so redolent of the high hills. Uncanny. And so many Northumbrian tunes sit very well on the harmonica too! :)
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!