Newspage Update

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

I plan on copying the Newspage updates here. Let me know if this seems helpful/useful.
Tony

7/1/01 Came Ye By Atholl? .is a Scottish slow air played by Teri Kessler on Overton low D. Mick Woodruff plays Planxty Dale Wisely, also in Slow Airs.

6/30/01 Dale and Rich have given the go-ahead to put our message board on the same site with the main Chiff&Fipple board. Maybe we can use it to revive Tune of the Week. (Like, defibrillate it.) Anyway, I'm putting up 3 new tunes: Clare Reels and Pigeon on the Gate in Reels, and Frost is All Over/Gander in the Pratie Hole in Jigs. (Worked on them 'till 2am, thank you very much.) I hope they sound okay in the morning.

6/29/01 Maybe we need a new category. Arto Villivirta sings in Irish,
Moll Dubh A'Ghleannea . to celebrate his upcoming visit to Ireland. I put it in Non-whistle.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

7/4/01Another bleary-eyed session after everyone is in bed, doing a reel, The Wild Irishman. (Tony Higgins)

7/3/01Dave Auty plays Planxty Dale Wisely. Dave writes, "Can you thank David de la Barre for letting me use this excellent tune? " Done.

7/2/01 To correct an omission, David de la Barre ("Feadan") needs to given credit as the composer of the tune, Planxty Dale Wisely. Sorry, David.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

7/7/01 New email address for posting tunes: whistletunes@hotmail.com
Another weekend recording marathon (Tony Higgins): Heaton Chapel, composed by Kevin Crawford, in Misc (I don't know what class of tune it is), J.B.Reel, composed by J. Murdoch Henderson in Reels, and O'Keefe's Slide(?) by O'Keefe? (just in case) in Misc.

7/6/01 Be Thou My Vision from Rod Burgess, our man in Wagga. (Saved in Misc, with instrument info.)
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

7/23/01 A well-known newcomer to Clips and Snips, Mack Hoover sends what his friends call Mack's Jig. I believe it has at least one other name. Call me confused, but it reminds me of a hornpipe. I'll put it in misc for now.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

7/28/01 O'Carolan's Farewell to Music in slow airs, Tony Higgins. My inspiration is Jerry O'Sullivan's version. Some day...