News Update 8/27/02 Taimse im choladh, Oot be East the Vong

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

8/27/02 Kevin Murray gives us the slow air, Taimse im choladh. To copy and paste his remarks: "I see that no newby 'chiff'n' fipplistas' have taken up my challenge,so i'll just have to post again!..This slow air can be found in waltons' '110 slow airs'.A tremendous version is to be found on Noel Hill's 'The Irish Concertina' album, if you haven't already heard it.(I think my flute tone is slightly improved on last time)." I guess we didn't set any criteria for bumping someone up from New Player to Regular. Here's your stripes, corporal. (Saved in non-whistle) Niv returns quickly with Oot be East the Vong, a traditional Shetland reel.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Thank you sir!.I'll sew the stripes on tonight sir!..Does this mean i'm off potato peeling duty sir?
Kame

Post by Kame »

Kevin,

your tone on the dixon poly flute sounds great. I have one of those too. 3-piece right? I have a hard time not making it go sharp when i blow for a more reedy tone. I find I have to chin down to make the low D in tune and chin up to keep the upper register in tune. When I pull the mouthpiece out a bit to tune, the low D is great, but the upper register goes way flat. Do you have this problem? I sent in some clips to be posted with my dixon flute. maybe i could have your critique once Tony posts them.

Any suggestion on the next level keyless flute?

Lee