2/28/08, Marcus Hernon's Air, two reels

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

2/28/08, Marcus Hernon's Air, two reels

Post by TonyHiggins »

02/28/08 Welcome to Donna Germano, who writes, "I have attached Marcus Hernon's Air played on Bb Generation whistle with a Hoover whitecap, accompanied by my Celtic harp and keyboard strings." (saved in slow airs)

Azalin returns after quite awhile with " I just felt like recording two reels with my Eb whistle. I don't have the names for the, but I really like them :-)"
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: 2/28/08, Marcus Hernon's Air, two reels

Post by MTGuru »

TonyHiggins wrote:Azalin returns after quite awhile with "I just felt like recording two reels with my Eb whistle. I don't have the names for the, but I really like them"
Nice reels, Azalin. Don't know about the first one, but the second is a setting of Jenny Picking Cockles.

http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/1357
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Bill Reeder

Post by Bill Reeder »

Bill

"... you discover that everything is just right: the drones steady and sonorous, the regulators crisp and tuneful and the chanter sweet and responsive. ... I really look forward to those five or six days every year." Robbie Hannan
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

Ah thanks guys! Those are the tunes. I don't have that many recordings but could confirm the second tune on a Kevin Crawford album, and the first tune with 'Late at night' with Christy Barry & friends.

I've been practicing mostly concertina in the past few years but kind of rediscovered how much I like whistle, so I went through a 'famous' Kevin Crawford's session recording in Eb and learned a bunch of new tunes. I really love Kevin Crawford's playing, there's a drive in his playing that makes me want to jump everywhere :-)