1/15/08 Boys from Ballycastle, Gentle Maiden

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

1/15/08 Boys from Ballycastle, Gentle Maiden

Post by TonyHiggins »

01/15/08 Welcome to Tucker Antell, who writes, "I'm new to the world of whistles; I just got a high d whistle not a full month ago, and a low D a few days ago. It's been a joy to discover the beautiful sounds of these instruments and this music! I'm not new to music however -- I'm a Jazz Sax player currently studying at a conservatory, so I've played sax, flute, clarinet (and even recorder) for years now. But I can't put my whistles down! the first tune is "Boys from Ballycastle" (hornpipe) played on my Tony Dixon High D whistle -- second is me being accompanied by a guitarist. the tune is "Gentle Maiden" (slow air) and I recorded two tracks on top of eachother - one with the dixon high whistle, and the other with my new Overton low D whistle. I love the sound of whistles in octaves like that so I thought I'd try it... anyways, see what you think - you may use my email address, as I'd like any advice/tips I can get to more authenticate this style (the guitarist has no nor wants any experience in this music, I just grabbed him to play some chords underneath, so any faults in this area are understandable)"
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”