Thanks to Dale and Rich

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

This is great. And thanks for putting in the link to the tune site. We're rolling now. I expect tune submissions will increase with this ease of navigation (and keep me busy). No problem.

If you are unfamiliar with Clips and Snips, visit our site and listen to music files sent in by members of Chiff and Fipple. Most are whistle tunes, but other instruments are included. Mainly celtic music, but not all.

It's easy to put up a tune. Record, preferably to mp3 on your computer, email me the file, and I'll upload it. mailto:whistletunes@aol.com My email address will change in a week, but I'll update it.
Try to keep the file size under 500kb if possible.

For the time being, we have to delete old tunes to make room on the site for new ones. What will help is anyone storing their tune files on their own site and giving me the link to post. Those links, of course, will remain indefinitely. We haven't figured out a workable archive solution that would keep the tunes easily accessible. I don't want to maintain a back closet that's hard to get to.

I should put a hit counter on the site. I get emails from people all over the world who tell me they like the music. I've never seen their names on Chiff&Fipple.

I hope to get tunes from people I haven't heard from yet. We have regulars (including myself) who don't want to hog the site. Hope to hear from you.
Tony Higgins
Mick Woodruff

Post by Mick Woodruff »

I'm sure you are right Tony - this is excellent, and very likely to increase the rate of tune submissions. And, like you, I do hope that more people will get involved. I've no desire to be regarded as one of those whistling hogs :smile:<P>Mick
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Tony & Mick: Neither one of you could ever be considered whistling hogs! Your submissions are always a joy to hear and they keep the rest of us on our toes. Here's to more contributors, more discussion, and great music.

Slainte
Teri
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Well, my stupid computer works great for the internet again, but now my sound card is junked! ARGH!!! So untill I can get my technology in order, I nominate Teri to post in my stead! :smile:

She's MUCH better than I am anyway!

Slán!

Brian~