News Update 7/20/02 The Fair Maid of Wicklow, and An Feochan

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

7/20/02 Welcome to two more new people: Hugh Marsh and Chi Leng Tham. I don't know about Hugh, but Chi is from Malaysia. Hugh sends a slow air, The Fair Maid of Wicklow, and An Feochan (Gentle Breeze) Part A. Chi plays The Blarney Pilgrim, a jig. Chi's tune is a wav. file on his own site. These tunes will be saved on the New Players page. (At the bottom of Chi's email was this curious comment: "All flute players have a latent predilection for danger, otherwise they wouldn't play that wayward instrument." -Merrily Harpur.) Tin whistles always seemed more dangerous to me. I don't know. Hugh's remark to me was, "Now when I talk about the musician I aspire to become, they will know how huge a mountain I'm planning to climb." Like I've been saying, when you reach the top, keep on climbing.

If a person tells me he or she is a new player, that's where I'll post their tune unless requested to do otherwise. I don't want anyone to think I'm making editorial decisions on placement. :smile:
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Loren
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Ahh, Tony.....I hate to break it to you but, If you reach the top of a mountain and keep on climbing, you'll promptly fall off the other side, trust me, I've tried it. :lol:

Loren
LeeMarsh
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by LeeMarsh »

Tony, I'm Hugh L. Marsh. But everyone here knows me as Lee Marsh. Sorry if that wasn't clear from my e-mail.

Thanks and
Enjoy Your Music,
Lee Marsh
From Odenton, MD.