News Update 8/11/01

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TonyHiggins »

8/11/01 Return to Kintale . is a Scottish slow air, played by Teri Kessler. Saved in Slow Airs.

Above is the copy of the Newspage text. I have made it a point not to editorialize on peoples' playing on the site for a number of reasons. First, I always hope beginners will feel welcome to submit tunes regardless of how they feel about their current skill level. (It's not a talent or beauty contest, hopefully, just a sharing venue between friends.) So, if I comment on something that makes an impact on me and not on something else, it may be construed as a negative response. I would be mortified if I realized I made someone feel slighted.

Having said all that, I'll break my own policy and comment that Teri Kessler's submission of today,a Scottish slow air, Return to Kintale, blew my socks off. She played high and low whistle and added some computer midi effects that really work. I have to find out more about the procedure, it has real possibilities. (For me, making a travesty of it is the most likely.) Anyway, it hit the spot for me.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Brian Lee
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Brian Lee »

Hi Tony,

I tried to submit a couple of tune for the page, but haven't seen or heard anything yet. Did they make it to you?

Thanks,

Brian~
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Brian,
No, I've seen neither hide, nor hair of your tunes. I'll receive them at either,
whistletunes@excite.com
or
T-PHiggins@home.com
Send them again. I'll have them up licketysplit.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Jim Frey

Post by Jim Frey »

Tony, I really liked your rendition of "The Hole in the Boat". It's my favorite tune on that disk. By any chance, would you have the score on file? I also echo your comments about Teri's rendition of "Return to Kintale". Great job!

Jim
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

Hi Jim,
Glad you liked the tune. Here's the abc for the tune. I figured I had it written down, but there is so much repeating in the melody, it turns out I learned it by listening at slow speed and following along. It's really an easy tune to learn and play.
I'll let you make up the headers. Enjoy,
Tony

Key: D
EEE FEE EFA Bdf
edA BdB AFD FED
EEE FEE EFA Bdf
edA BdB AFD E3

Bee efe dBc d2f
edA BdB AFD FED
EEE FEE EFA Bdf
edA BdB AFD E3
Jim Frey

Post by Jim Frey »

Thanks Tony! I learned it this morning. I couldn't get the thing out of my head
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Tony & Jim

Thanks so much. You are both way too kind!
Teri
McHaffie
antispam: No

Post by McHaffie »

VERY nice tune. Well done, and then some.
MORE! :smile:

Thanks for the ABC too Tony!

John