4/11/07 mynewreed/thebrightlady,jerryosullivans,FairyChild

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

4/11/07 mynewreed/thebrightlady,jerryosullivans,FairyChild

Post by TonyHiggins »

04/11/07 Daniel Bentley writes, "calling this one, my new reed.slow air the bright lady,Gordon galloway chanter,lambe drones,whitmer regs, ,Californian cane chanter reed made by me." (saved in u-pipes)

Kurt Franke sends, " here is jerryosullivans on dixon in G." (saved in reels)

Tony Higgins plays a jig, Fairy Child, on Freeman tweaked Gen C.
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

Hey Tony,

The Fairy Child is very lovely. I'm going to the session.org to get the music now. Wow you have a lot of whistles. Where are the CF gatherings? I was under the impression you lived in the UK. It sure would be fun to come to the next one.

Take care,
Lee
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

You won't find the abc's at session.org. (I already checked) I transcribed the tune from a cd by Declan Masterson, Drifting Through the Hazel Wood. I don't know if he composed it or it's traditional. Tony

EBB ABd BAG FGE
EBB ABd Bed B3
EBB ABd BAG FGA
Bed BAG ABG E3 :||

fed Bee dBA Bde
fed Bee dBA B3
fed Bee dcB AGA

Bee gab afa gfd
Bee gab afa g3
bag fga gfe dBA

gfe def edB def
gef d2f edB d3 (or def)
gfe def edB AGA
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

Thanks Tony. Have you had a chance to hear the recording of "dusty windowsills" that I sent you? I just learned that one and it was my first recording project on my new macintosh computer. I think it came out pretty good, but I'm open to any recording advice you might give.

Cheers,
Lee
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I'm in the middle of posting Dusty Windowsills right now plus a bunch of other tunes. Yes, it did turn out well. I now have a version I can work from to learn the tune. (Thanks.)

I don't live in the UK. As my avatar suggests, I'm in Northern California. There are a couple of other Tonys on the board. Tony McGinley lives in Ireland. Another screenname "Tony" I know nothing about.
Tony (Higgins)
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

I'm in the middle of posting Dusty Windowsills right now plus a bunch of other tunes. Yes, it did turn out well. I now have a version I can work from to learn the tune. (Thanks.)

I don't live in the UK. As my avatar suggests, I'm in Northern California. There are a couple of other Tonys on the board. Tony McGinley lives in Ireland. Another screenname "Tony" I know nothing about.

The gatherings we have here are a gas. Lot of laughing and crazy talk. (Especially with Limuhead in attendance.) Most of the people have attended about six parties, some at my house, some at Dana Crom's. He lives in San Jose, California.
Tony (Higgins)
Lee Stanford

Post by Lee Stanford »

Oh. hehe there it is in your avatar right in front of my face. I'd love to come to the next one. I live on the east coast now, but am moving to Colorado in September. That puts me much closer. I think that would be a fun road trip. I've never been to the west coast.

Take care
Lee