3/25/07Sean Reid's Favourite, 5 tunes from Spain

No. Not about haircuts. Discussion forum for the Clips and Snips tune archive.
TonyHiggins
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

3/25/07Sean Reid's Favourite, 5 tunes from Spain

Post by TonyHiggins »

03/25/07 Welcome to 'Gododdin'. "This tune is Sean Reid's Favourite, played by me on an M&E polymer Rudal & Rose model flute. This slow, unornamented version owes much to "A Flute Lesson With Brian" for which I'm very grateful. I've been playing flute for about 3 months and I'm going to post a link to this tune on the Chiff & Fipple forum in the hope of getting some constructive criticism and progress tips from the good folks at C&F!"

Welcome also to Alberto: "I´m Alberto, from Burgos (Spain). This is my first song. "Scaartas". (non-whistle) Thanks for all. We must keep live traditional music! This traditional song is called "Aanada",(saved in misc) from Spain Is played with a Chieftain Low Whistle D. I´m working in some songs about the rhymes of "The lord of the rings". My favourite is the song called "Gil-galad", (saved in orig) with music composed by me and my friend, Alejandro Pérez: -Low whistle D (Chieftain), baroque flute (Moeck_boxwood), guitar, and two voices. A very traditional song. From Spain, a traditional song from Galicia: Canto de afiado. (saved in misc)- Played with a soprano baroque flute (Moeck Rottenburg_boxwood) Is snowing, and I can´t go to my work (!!!!). So, I´m recording some things today. Here is "Non te enamores mi niña"("Don´t fall in love, my baby") (saved in non-w), a traditional song, from Galicia, played by Carlos Núñez with The Chieftains in the album "Santiago". In this album, the song is called "Tears of Stone". Played with a baroque boxwood flute (Moeck Rottenburg).
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”